Thursday, January 3, 2008

A few things to know and breathe...

I would like to start off the New Year by doing a bit of educating... to my fellow photographers, existing clients, as well as potential. I have got to name drop a little first. Photographers, if you are ever interested in learning more about the art of editorial photography- ranging anywhere from how to deal with art directors, contracts, your legal rights, and much more, please visit Editorialphoto.com They have a great website designed just for helping fellow photographers to know their rights and honestly, practice a good business of photography. It is run by very successful editorial photographers, so they can empathize with our blood, sweat, and tears!
Now, I'd like to point you all to a great little blurb they wrote on copyright! It's very simply put, but very important for every photographer to wrap their brains around. Because I can't seem to get the proper link directed on this page, I'm gonna have to tell you where to go. Go to www.editorialphoto.com (the website I justed talked about) and on the left column of the page, go to COPYRIGHT. Go the bottom of the page, where it says Additional Research and click Copyright Basics. You'll thank me for it! Take that information and enhance your business by knowing and breathing it! Please!
Happy Shooting in 2008!

No comments: